[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16770: The comments field in the post table gets set to 'closed' for all posts, and commenting options change from those set

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Mar 6 17:23:00 UTC 2011

#16770: The comments field in the post table gets set to 'closed' for all posts,
and commenting options change from those set
 Reporter:  linusinutah   |       Owner:

Comment (by linusinutah):

 It happens to me roughly once a week. It has happened twice and we have
 had our site open for about three weeks.

 In the Forum this same problem is reported by several users.  They use
 different providers, and report having removed all plug-ins and themes,
 and the problem still occurs (It is not clear whether it is just that the
 symptoms that are still there or the problem actually occurred when plug-
 ins had been removed.)

 The option fields which get reset are
 "Users must be registered and logged in to comment "
 "An administrator must always approve the comment "

 The forum also mentions that this happens only on posts and not on pages.
 I never checked this personally.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16770#comment:5>