[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17714: Comment/pingback handlers don't check whether the post type supports comments

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 7 06:09:03 UTC 2011

#17714: Comment/pingback handlers don't check whether the post type supports
comments
 Reporter:  solarissmoke  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments      |    Version:  3.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  2nd-opinion
 wp-comments-post and XML-RPC don't check post type support for comments
 before accepting them - I think they should. We can't rely solely on
 `$post->comment_status` because that may not always be set to "closed"
 even if the post type doesn't support comments (see also #13473)

 Maybe we could add a check to `comments_open()`?