[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18269: Random words smush together using built in past button for word w upgrade to WP 3.2.1

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jul 27 14:04:38 UTC 2011

#18269: Random words smush together using built in past button for word w upgrade
to WP 3.2.1
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  claudiahchristian  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor             |    Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  critical           |   Keywords:  needs-patch
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi,

 '''Problem:'''

 After upgrading to WordPress 3.2.1, I started to have words jam together
 when I imported from Word 2003 using the built in paste button for Word. I
 haven't had this problem for the last 3 years that I've been writing
 Denver Cereal. It started with the upgrade. It seems to be both random and
 specific

 For example:

 “I’ll talk toAden,”Sandysaid. “But I don’t see why not.”

 The conversion specifically doesn't seem to like the word 'Sandy' or any
 other capitalized S. It doesn't do it every time her name comes up.
 Outside of the word 'Sandy,'the word smushing appears random:
 brownLaboradorpuppy was the one I fixed this morning.

 Given the depth of this program, I realize this seems like a small error.
 However I write serial fiction and publish via the WordPress blogs. I
 frequently post over 10,000 words from word to various sites a week. All
 of my updated blogs are having this issue.The error is an enormous problem
 for me. I host at DreamHost which is a Wordpress friendly host.

 '''I've unsuccessfully tried:'''

 1. Disabling all to the plugins.
 2. Activating the most updated Twenty Eleven theme
 3. Using a different browser (I use Chrome)
 4. Copying directly into the post
 5. Posting this to Wordpress Support Forums for ideas. Outside of 'copy to
 a text editor then into wp', there were no real suggestions.

 The only thing that appeared to work was posting on to my publisher's blog
 before it had been updated to 3.2.1.

 Again, this is a total nightmare for me. I've been using WP since around
 2004 and never had this kind of sorrow. Please help!

 Thanks for your help!

 Claudia Hall Christian
 http://denvercereal.com