[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9547: Taxonomy - interesting 'unused' term_order column in table term_relationships.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 18 16:52:31 UTC 2011

#9547: Taxonomy - interesting 'unused' term_order column in table
term_relationships.
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  michelwppi                         |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  feature request                    |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by lgedeon):

 * cc: luke.gedeon@… (added)

Comment:

 I propose adding an object_order column for this purpose. Term_order was
 intended for prioritizing multiple terms as applied to a single object.
 (see [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5857 #5857])

 Object_order would be a logical place for storing the order in the
 opposite direction - multiple objects assigned to the same term. Both are
 very helpful concepts.

 I will be attempting to write functions for the term_order concept to
 submit as a patch. If the object_order concept is blessed, you may be able
 to use some of my code for that purpose too.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9547#comment:6>