[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16057: download_url() error checking fails to notice that the file wasnt correctly witten to disk

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 3 22:45:02 UTC 2011

#16057: download_url() error checking fails to notice that the file wasnt correctly
witten to disk
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  dd32                               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                       |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 > So the error message is now reporting the actual problem, but it would
 be nice to have the "There may not be enough diskspace." suggestion of
 what the cause might be again :)

 I do tend to agree, but that's the error message that should've been
 coming up, so all is mostly good now. The error message is a bit hard to
 change in this instance, as the WP_Filesystem class's are only designed to
 return true|false, not a specific error on why it's failed.

 Now that this is tracked down, at least I can get the changes put in and
 work out giving some nicer error messages for the various failure cases.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16057#comment:6>