[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16508: Widgets are completely frozen in the back end. Widget usability is 0% with no possibility of editing...

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Feb 13 00:16:05 UTC 2011

#16508: Widgets are completely frozen in the back end. Widget usability is 0% with
no possibility of editing...
 Reporter:  trusktr       |       Owner:

Comment (by trusktr):

 Hey guys, so mine works now. I haven't changed anything except i cleared
 my browser cache in Chrome... but this still doesn't explain why it wasn't
 working in other browsers. Today i turned my computer on, and it just
 worked... What the???

 Anyways, when i had 3.0.4, i had downgraded jquery (but i do believe
 widgets were working), then put back the wordpress jquery later. I
 refreshed my browsers, and the effects of replacing jquery would show up
 on my front-end. However, the backend had this problem no matter what
 version of jquery i tried (as far back as jquery.1.2.6), even the latest.

 But i did indeed notice that the backend uses a php file to load scripts
 (load-scripts.php?) so perhaps this was having some sort of problem with
 the files?? Does that script check md5 sums or something along those
 lines??

 Anyways, perhaps that plugin SergeyBiryukov made above would have helped.
 Sorry i can't really help find what the problem was. I wish I knew so you
 guys (the true programmers) could figure out how to fix it.

 If it happens again, i'll definitely post back.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16508#comment:19>