[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16236: Method to stream file downloads in HTTP API, to reduce update memory footprint

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Feb 13 00:00:42 UTC 2011

#16236: Method to stream file downloads in HTTP API, to reduce update memory
footprint
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by sivel):

 Replying to [comment:13 dd32]:
 > >  if ( strpos( $block, "\r\n\r\n" ) ) {
 >
 > Is there a chance that that could fall over 2 blocks, ie. \r\n in one
 block, \r\n in the next?

 You are correct.  I guess technically we could only have \r in one block
 and the rest in the following block...Maybe we just spool up everything
 into a string until we find \r\n\r\n then bust it up and start writing to
 the proper places.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16236#comment:14>