[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16508: Widgets are completely frozen in the back end. Widget usability is 0% with no possibility of editing...

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Feb 9 21:04:03 UTC 2011

#16508: Widgets are completely frozen in the back end. Widget usability is 0% with
no possibility of editing...
--------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  trusktr       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  UI            |    Version:  3.0.5
 Severity:  blocker       |   Keywords:  widgets, javascript
--------------------------+---------------------------------
 My widgets in the back end are completely frozen, along with other UI
 features. For example, i can't drag any draggable UI elements (most
 impartantly widget) and I can't expand or collapse any
 expandable/collapsable elements (most importantly widgets). I have the
 latest version of wordpress; freshly upgraded. I've also deactivated ALL
 plugins, but that doesn't fix the problem.

 So basically, my main priority is to edit my widgets, but i can't expand
 them with the down arrow to edit their settings. I can't drag them to re-
 arrange them or delete them. I can't do anything with them!!!

 The major problem is that I want to upgrade one of my plugins that
 provides widgets, but if I upgrade the plugin, I'll have to re-do the
 settings of the widgets since they have been re-designed. However, I will
 not be able to do any editing and will therefore be stuck with blank, non-
 working widgets.

 If in the future i decide to add/remove widgets, it's completely
 impossible.

 Well, i'm sure it's possible if I dig around through the database and make
 manual modifications, but that defeats the purpose of the graphical back
 end.

 I've also tried various browsers and they all have the same problem.

 I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, it is popping up in multiple
 instances across the forums. Here's a post I made about it:
 http://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-are-widgets-froxen-in-the-back-
 end-i-cant-modify-them

 I hope this can be fixed so I can resume normal use of my blog!

 THanks in advance to those who may know how to squash this bug. :)