[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16214: Custom Field "Name" and "Value" headers shouldn't show if there are no custom fields

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Feb 1 15:27:26 UTC 2011

#16214: Custom Field "Name" and "Value" headers shouldn't show if there are no
custom fields
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith                        |       Owner:  garyc40
     Type:  enhancement                        |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by ptahdunbar):

 * cc: trac@… (added)

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:6 garyc40]:
 > I don't think not outputting private meta fields is a good idea. Plugin
 developers might want to use custom private meta fields with javascript in
 their custom post types.

 Do you have a use case for that? Private meta is typically reserved for
 core anyway.

 > Other than that, the patch should also hide custom field table when you
 delete the last field.

 makes sense.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16214#comment:7>