[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19027: XML-RPC metaWeblog.getPost and metaWeblog.getRecentPosts don't return posts' modification date.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 30 19:05:49 UTC 2011

#19027: XML-RPC metaWeblog.getPost and metaWeblog.getRecentPosts don't return
posts' modification date.
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ocollet           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by maxcutler):

 Replying to [comment:2 josephscott]:
 > I like this change, with one exception.  The only new field that we
 should expose is 'date_modified_gmt'.  Time zone issues were a major
 source of confusion for many clients, which is why I added the GMT data
 fields.  I think exposing more non-GMT data at this point will only
 increase that confusion.

 Since these `date_modified` fields are read-only, I'm not as concerned
 with exposing both GMT and non-GMT versions. If you only expose the GMT
 version, then XML-RPC clients have to do their own datetime math (and call
 getOption to figure out the blog display timezone) to determine what the
 displayed value should be.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19027#comment:3>