[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19420: get_blog_permalink() can cache either an HTTP or HTTPS link for the same post

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Dec 3 04:27:24 UTC 2011

#19420: get_blog_permalink() can cache either an HTTP or HTTPS link for the same
post
 Reporter:  mdawaffe      |       Owner:

Comment (by mdawaffe):

 The kinds of ways different sites in a network link to each other are a
 lot more complicated than the way one site links to itself, but you're
 probably right about frontend SSL for most cases.  I agree that's better
 than always returning HTTP.

 Consider, though https://example.com/some-secure-front-end-feature/
 linking to posts from one.example.com and two.example.com.  I can see
 scenarios where you'd want to link to HTTP and ones where you'd want to
 link to HTTPS.

 Also, what we currently do is largely based on assumptions for a single
 site, so I don't think what we currently do should necessarily inform what
 we decide to do :)

 In any case, as long as the cache is consistent (always HTTP, for example)
 and there's a filter, we should be able to satisfy any requirement.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19420#comment:5>