[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18524: External links can't be saved after you type them into the input field class="text urlfield" of the WP gallery and push save.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Aug 26 16:37:45 UTC 2011

#18524: External links can't be saved after you type them into the input field
class="text urlfield" of the WP gallery and push save.
 Reporter:  a4jp.com      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Gallery       |    Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
 Links to external websites or files can't be saved after you type them
 into the input field class="text urlfield" of the WP gallery and push
 save. When we push the 3 buttons 2 of the buttons display a URL and one
 clears the field but, if a link to just say a different website or
 anything else in entered into the field and then the save button is
 pushed, it does not save the URL we type in.

 The instructions say "Enter a link URL or click above for presets." which
 means we should be able to type in something an have it save but it isn't
 working for some reason. I have the Japanese version of WordPress 3.2.1
 and maybe the problem is only there. All plugins were disabled and I have
 seen stories of people having the same problems on many other sites so I
 think it is a bug and not just my two sites. I can even make a third empty
 WordPress site to test again if you want me to.

 Without being able to type in and save a URL I can not make a navigation
 system 3 x 3 that auto adjusts on Japanese phone systems. The gallery is
 great it just really needs this bug fixed.

 I am going to make the third site tonight and see if I can find out what
 is happening. It might be that I'm using Google Chrome or Windows 7
 64-bit... I'll check as many things as I can to find out what is causing
 the problem but I have been try for a month now.

 Glen Rowell
 http://a4jp.com
 http://agreatdream.com