[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14703: Make the Incutio XML-RPC Library GPL-Compatible and match redistribution and use conditions.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Sep 13 09:33:35 UTC 2010

#14703: Make the Incutio XML-RPC Library GPL-Compatible and match redistribution
and use conditions.
 Reporter:  hakre         |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by hakre):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 Nacin, I beg your pardon.

 The license-text (terms and disclaimer) of IXR's Modified BSD are still
 missing ''in'' Wordpress. This is the point I'm talking about.

 As Incutio Ltd. was so nice to improve and release a new version of the
 file to support us, I suggest to apply the changes to trunk as it solves
 that problem for the Wordpress package.

 Out of other persons feedback I got over the last days, the license should
 be put into the package. That is also what the SFLC strongly recommends as
 well for Free and Open Source Software projects.

 Many thanks to Incutio as they were so nice to clarify, improve and
 release a new version of IXR.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14703#comment:37>