[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14778: Wordpress Custom Field UI

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Sep 4 09:31:33 UTC 2010

#14778: Wordpress Custom Field UI
------------------------------------------------------------------+---------
 Reporter:  youngmicroserf                                        |        Owner:
     Type:  feature request                                       |       Status:  closed
Changes (by scribu):

  * status:  new => closed
  * type:  enhancement => feature request
  * resolution:  => wontfix
  * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Even if we did include the Simple Fields plugin (which looks pretty
 awesome by the way), there would always be users that need something
 slightly different.

 Besides, we have a pretty good API for adding metaboxes, so it's pretty
 easy for plugin authors to add whatever UI they need.

 If you want to debate this further, please open a topic in the
 [http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/ Ideas Forum] and add a link here.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14778#comment:1>