[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15605: Bulk spam/unspam of a blog leads to inconsistencies when object cache in use

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 29 12:22:17 UTC 2010

#15605: Bulk spam/unspam of a blog leads to inconsistencies when object cache in
use
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westi          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Component:  Network Admin  |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  major          |    Keywords:
 If you use the bulk spam/unspam actions in the Network Admin when you have
 a persistent object cache enabled then you can end up with the database
 thinking a blog is spam but the cache thinking it isn't.

 This is because we call {{{update_blog_status}}} with 0 as the fourth
 argument explicit asking it not to refresh the cache(s).

 It appears to have always been like this so I'm not sure how this ever
 worked reliably.