[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15591: Endless redirection loop when accessing Network Admin with multiple networks set up

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Nov 27 07:20:21 UTC 2010

#15591: Endless redirection loop when accessing Network Admin with multiple
networks set up
 Reporter:  mwidmann      |       Owner:
Component:  Multisite     |     Version:  3.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 I have 19 Blogs, divided in 3 Sites set up in WP 3.0.1 with the help of
 the wp-network-sites plugin. Site 1 has Blogs 1-5, Site 2 has blogs 6-14
 and Site 3 has 15-19.

 My normal working ground atm is Site 2, main blog 6.

 With WordPress 3.1 beta I end up in an endless redirection loop when I try
 to access the network admin.

 {{{is_main_site}}} (functions.php:3877, called from wp-
 admin/network/admin.php) checks whether a blog is the main blog for the
 network by checking its ID against the blog_id stored in
 {{{$current_site}}}. This is not filed if we are not on
 {{{SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE}}}.

 The check if {{{$current_site->blog_id}}} is set is done only once (ms-
 settings.php:52), but later on {{{$current_site}}} can be overwritten if
 certain criteria matches. In that case {{{$current_site->blog_id}}} is not
 initialized anymore and leads to the endless loops.

 I provided a patch which hopefully will be applied soon.