[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15288: Plugin directory versioning isn't working correctly for Advanced Custom Field Widget

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Nov 2 09:08:37 UTC 2010

#15288: Plugin directory versioning isn't working correctly for Advanced Custom
Field Widget
 Reporter:  AthenaOfDelphi  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Plugins         |     Version:
 Severity:  major           |    Keywords:  plugin directory version
 Hi,

 One of the two plugins I maintain (Advanced Custom Field Widget -
 http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-custom-field-widget/) is
 having some problems in the directory.

 I a new version a week or two ago, but the directory believes the latest
 version is an empty string.  Consequently, blogs that use the plugin
 aren't recognising the latest version.

 I thought it may be linked to http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15138
 initially, so I commented on that ticket.

 I've checked all my files and I can see no reason why the version
 information in the file should suddenly stop working.  I tried a different
 version number just in case it was some sort of sorting error, but nothing
 has helped.  Up to now, every new version has worked without a hitch.

 Today I received a request for support from a user relating to this issue
 and so, I'm elevating it by raising a ticket.

 The original update went like this:-

 0.83
 Uploaded 0.9 in trunk
 Created tags\0.9 locally and checked it in

 After about 15-20mins, the directory was showing the Download button with
 just 'Download', not 'Download <version>'.  The current version was
 showing as a blank string, but version 0.9 was listed in the versions.

 I have since tried to fix this by creating a version 0.90 (which I messed
 up by failing to check in the trunk before the tagged version) and then
 0.91.

 Nothing has worked and the system is still showing an empty string for the
 current version and blogs don't recognise that these is a new version
 available.

 And on a slightly different note, can I delete the erroneous version (0.9,
 0.90, 0.91)?

 If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to drop me a
 mail.

 Kind Regards

 Christina
 (aka. AthenaOfDelphi)