[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13581: Plugin Initialization fails in PHP 4 (WP 3.0-Beta 2) - initializes fine under PHP 5 or PHP 4 (WP 2.9.2)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu May 27 17:34:53 UTC 2010

#13581: Plugin Initialization fails in PHP 4 (WP 3.0-Beta 2) - initializes fine
under PHP 5  or PHP 4 (WP 2.9.2)
 Reporter:  bennebw       |       Owner:  westi
Component:  Plugins       |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 Was testing PhotoSmash plugin under WP 3.0 Beta 2 and found that it does
 not install (will attach the init file if possible) under PHP4.  The
 plugin install file creates database tables and sets ReWrite up.

 The fact that it installs fine with PHP 4 and WP 2.9.2 or with PHP 5 and
 WP 3.0 Beta-2 would indicate that WP 3.0 is breaking PHP 4 compatibility
 somewhere as the only thing that has changed in my test is the WP version.

 I am using a 1and1.com shared Linux host.  The PHP 4 version is PHP 4.4.9
 (I think).

 The result of Activating the plugin under PHP 4 and WP 3.0 Beta 2 is that
 it produces a Error 500 Server error.  The plugin does activate, but no
 database tables are created.  Please see attached file for the details