[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13556: wp_get_attachment_image() displays larger images than necessary with an array

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed May 26 18:52:57 UTC 2010

#13556: wp_get_attachment_image() displays larger images than necessary with an
array
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  tomthewebmaster  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Component:  Media            |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:  close
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Changes (by jorbin):

 * cc: aaron@… (added)
  * keywords:  => close

Comment:

 The issue is actually with image_get_intermediate_size, which looks for
 the correct image.  It won't use a non thumbnail cropped image that has a
 different aspect ratio (which I think is a good thing).  Therefore calling

 It also won't up-size an image, so trying to get a 200x200 image will
 never get the 199x300 size since the width is smaller then the one you are
 trying to get.

 I think we should close this as wontfix.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13556#comment:5>