[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13473: comment_status should be set to default_comment_status when commentstatusdiv is removed

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 21 14:28:43 UTC 2010

#13473: comment_status should be set to default_comment_status when
commentstatusdiv is removed
 Reporter:  jimmcq        |       Owner:
Component:  Comments      |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  comments

Comment(by jimmcq):

 In a multi-site setup, I was trying to simplify the dashboard by removing
 some extra metaboxes.  It just seemed logical to me that the
 default_comment_status would be honored even that metabox wasn't shown.

 I was hoping that removing the box would mean that comments would be on
 for every post, and that the users wouldn't be able to turn them off.  Is
 there another way to '''easily''' accomplish this?

 ''(Yeah, I know I could probably catch a hook when the post is published
 as modify the comment_status then, but it just seems like extra
 unnecessary hoops to jump through)''

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13473#comment:2>