[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11862: the_editor js bug when switching between Visual / HTML with multiple on page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue May 18 23:30:12 UTC 2010

#11862: the_editor js bug when switching between Visual / HTML with multiple on
page
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark   |       Owner:
Component:  Editor        |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  needs-patch

Comment(by azaozz):

 Generally TinyMCE can be added as many times as needed on the same page.
 For the edit page all it needs is another instance of it and another
 textarea since all the JS files are already loaded there. I believe there
 are quite a few plugins doing this.

 However the HTML editor doesn't easily support multiple instances and the
 script that switches visual -> HTML mode doesn't support them at all. To
 fix this we will have to start with the HTML editor and make it true
 multi-instance capable (use JS objects, multiple settings/buttons, no
 global JS vars, etc.). Then we can fix the script that switches editors.
 Of course that will break all plugins that currently add buttons to the
 HTML editor.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11862#comment:10>