[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13428: "Post Type" field reverts to default on custom post types on updating post title

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon May 17 22:13:31 UTC 2010

#13428: "Post Type" field reverts to default on custom post types on updating post
title
 Reporter:  goldenapples  |       Owner:
Component:  Editor        |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  custom post type
 My working site has a number of posts which I wanted to test using custom
 post types. I added the register_post_type call to my theme functions.php
 file, creating two new custom post types - one with "hierarchical" set to
 true, the other without. I used phpmyadmin to assign some of my pages to
 the first category and some of my posts to the second (setting the 'post-
 type' field).

 These posts/pages now show up on the correct UI screen on the dashboard.
 The "edit" links on the UI panel work properly, and I can edit content
 normally. Updating after changes to content also behaves as expected.

 I have a problem changing the title or post slug and updating, though.
 Doing this seems to revert the post-type to the default ("post" or
 "page"), overwriting the custom post type I had set in phpmyadmin.

 Updating the titles of posts created through the new ui works fine; I only
 see the problem when dealing with posts I've directly manipulated the
 post-type field in the database. Maybe this is not a problem, but I see
 this possibly being an issue for other people who want to maintain their
 existing content but categorize it in new custom post types.