[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13386: Add ability to filter the text "Enter title here" which appears within the title's input box

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 14 03:02:48 UTC 2010

#13386: Add ability to filter the text "Enter title here" which appears within the
title's input box
 Reporter:  goto10          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 I'm adding a custom post type where a title is not exactly appropriate.
 Instead, I'd like to use a person's name, and I would like to update the
 grey text to reflect that.

 Removing 'title' from 'supports' in register_post_type() seems like a bad
 idea.  I was able to do this in 3.0  beta1, but doing so caused various
 issues.  It removed the ability to edit the permalink, removed the
 convenient link to the post on the edit post listing page, and probably
 other things.  In 3.0 beta2, removing "title" from the "supports" options
 on a custom post type no longer functions at all.

 For now, I'll do it with javascript, but a cleaner solution would be
 ideal.

 The relevant code/text is here:
 Line 196 in wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php using 3.0 beta2