[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12991: Allow setting default_comment_status specifically for Pages (or for any post type)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon May 10 12:21:20 UTC 2010

#12991: Allow setting default_comment_status specifically for Pages (or for any
post type)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  demetris     |       Owner:  messenlehner
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
Component:  Comments     |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:  has-patch ux-feedback
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by demetris):

 There are a couple more issues I’ve noticed after the latest patch:

  1. The explanatory sentence is repeated twice.  We only need it once.
  2. The option appears even when it does nothing, i.e., even when the
 active theme does not support Page comments.

 Revisiting all this in v3.1 sounds a reasonable idea at this stage of the
 release cycle.  On the other hand, this is something I would like to see
 addressed sooner than later, provided we want Twenty Ten to be a theme
 people will want to use, and will be happy using.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12991#comment:9>