[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12753: Add two setting in Settings/General to enable more flexibility with <h1> and <title> tags with sites using a static front page.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 29 04:07:05 UTC 2010

#12753: Add two setting in Settings/General to enable more flexibility with <h1>
and <title> tags with sites using a static front page.
 Reporter:  mikeschinkel  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new
Component:  Themes        |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  needs-patch

Comment(by jane):

 Don't we generally try to avoid adding extra options? Aren't we supposed
 to make the best decision we can and leave the alternative to plugins,
 whenever it's feasible? Using options to determine whether or not to
 display individual theme elements and to make distinctions between
 templates is beyond the pale. The theme should do what the designer wants
 it to do, and if a user wants it to do something else, they should make a
 child theme or pick a different theme (possibly a theme framework, where
 it might actually be appropriate to have options for minute details like
 this).

 I recommend closing as wontfix.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12753#comment:1>