[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12741: Plugin Editor Allows editing active plugins; Plugin listing doesnt list Edit for active plugins

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Mar 28 19:35:27 UTC 2010

#12741: Plugin Editor Allows editing active plugins; Plugin listing doesnt list
Edit for active plugins
 Reporter:  dd32          |       Owner:  westi
Component:  Plugins       |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch
Changes (by TobiasBg):

  * keywords:  needs-patch dev-feedback => has-patch

Comment:

 Woops, just noticed that the absence of the link would actually be a
 regression. The "Edit" link is there for active and inactive plugins in WP
 < 3.0.

 It got moved to inactive plugins only in this changeset: [12903]

 Attached patch also shows it for active plugins.

 A question that I could not answer, as I don't have MS test-install at the
 moment: Might additional checks for more than the "edit_plugins" cap
 necessary on MS installs, like checks for is_super_admin()? We don't want
 admins to edit plugins which are also active on other sites of the
 networks, right?! :-) This probably should also be checked for the drop
 down menu way of accessing the plugin editor.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12741#comment:5>