[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12585: Mobile Mail does not hyperlink urls for spam, delete, whois, email, or comments

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Mar 11 16:47:26 UTC 2010

#12585: Mobile Mail does not hyperlink urls for spam, delete, whois, email, or
comments
 Reporter:  hexley        |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  2.9.2
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  hyperlink, Mobile Mail, iPhone, iPod Touch
 When a comment is posted on a WordPress blog install, and author email
 notifications are enabled, links do not appear to be clickable in Mobile
 Mail on iPhone or iPod Touch.

 This will be a less than idea bug report, as I am not aware of any way to

 Viewing source in a normal desktop email client, I see headers for:

 I believe this could be resolved by offering an HTML version of the email,
 or possibly by shortening the urls so that they are "cleaner".

 While this is more than likely a Mobile Mail issue, I am reporting it here
 first, and will then try to report it to Apple.  I think I can report it
 to WebKit, as that should be the rendering engine Mobile Mail uses, though
 I need to confirm that.