[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11816: Users should be able to switch from a standard single install to a Multi-Site Install

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Mar 10 08:50:48 UTC 2010

#11816: Users should be able to switch from a standard single install to a Multi-
Site Install
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jorbin       |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
Component:  Multisite    |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by dd32):

 > Do we still have a desire for wpfs in 3.0? So far, I've been laying the
 groundwork for the fallback/manual route, and it seems ready for wpfs if
 we're inclined.

 I'd really rather see it left for 3.1 at this stage, I was about to bring
 that topic up just before the menu was removed.

 Removing the network menu from the default lineup has significantly
 reduced the number of people who will follow through with this route.

 Of course, This now means that many will have to double-edit their wp-
 config.php files.

 3.0 is the merge, 3.1 is a UX cleanup..

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11816#comment:34>