[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12554: Change label in UI for Post Thumbnail and Page Image to "Featured Image" for both

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 8 08:31:08 UTC 2010

#12554: Change label in UI for Post Thumbnail and Page Image to "Featured Image"
for both
 Reporter:  jane            |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new
Component:  UI              |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:

Comment(by TobiasBg):

 > FWIW, the function names don't matter and shouldn't be factored into UX.
 (See also
 Network vs. multisite and *_option() versus Settings, and many other
 examples.)

 I agree in part. network vs. multisite was not in an official release yet
 (expect the separate WP MU). If you change thumbnail to image now, you
 would have to deprecate a few functions again, just because they were
 renamed (otherwise theme/plugin developers might go crazy).

 To add on: I agree that "thumbnail" is not the best word, but a final
 conclusion and justification should be reached before changing anything.
 Might be a dev chat topic.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12554#comment:4>