[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12554: Change label in UI for Post Thumbnail and Page Image to "Featured Image" for both

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 8 07:50:24 UTC 2010

#12554: Change label in UI for Post Thumbnail and Page Image to "Featured Image"
for both
 Reporter:  jane            |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new
Component:  UI              |     Version:  2.9.2
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 We should change the UI label for the post thumbnail box on post and page
 editor screens. It's post thumbnail for posts, and page image for pages,
 but it's not always a thumbnail and the labeling is inconsistent. Let's
 call it Featured Image for both, which is consistent and removes the size
 implication of the 'thumbnail' label. Props to Ian Huet from WordCamp
 Ireland for reminding me that we talked about fixing this inconsistency
 and never got around to it.