[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12232: Invalid Archive. Theme Install Failed. Caused by ftp_rawlist using -a option

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Mar 5 16:58:51 UTC 2010

#12232: Invalid Archive. Theme Install Failed. Caused by ftp_rawlist using -a
option
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  frankindelicato  |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  assigned
Component:  General          |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  blocker          |    Keywords:  ftp_rawlist
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by eoinomurchu):

 I'm currently experiencing this problem also. I'm fairly new to
 wordpress/php so shoot me if you think this is silly.

 I modified dirlist from
 {{{
                 $list = @ftp_rawlist($this->link, '-a ' . $path, false);

                 if ( empty($list) ) // Empty array = non-existent folder
 (real folder will show . at least)
                         return false;

                 $chdir = @ftp_chdir($this->link, $path);
                 $list = @ftp_rawlist($this->link, '-a');

                 if ( empty($list) || !$chdir )
                         return false;
 }}}

 ftp_rawlist doesn't seem too happy when you stick '-a' to the front of the
 path, but is perfectly happy if you chroot there first and then call LIST
 -a.

 I'm not sure why this is the case, but it seemed to solve the problem for
 me.

 Also, I downloaded the latest nightly build, that is what I am working on.
 Not sure what version number that is. As I said, I'm new to all this :)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12232#comment:8>