[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12402: make addslashes_gpc() use addslashes() fix to use real_escape, rather than addslashes

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 1 21:50:09 UTC 2010

#12402: make addslashes_gpc() use addslashes() fix to use real_escape, rather than
addslashes
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Component:  Security           |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal             |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Changes (by westi):

 * cc: westi (added)

Comment:

 If my memory serves me correctly isn't one of the big issues with
 mysql_real_escape_string that it just doesn't work well for anything
 remotely non-ascii/UTF8 like Shift-JIS or Big5.

 It is only a distant memory but I thought it worth adding to the
 discussion so someone could correct me if I was wrong :)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12402#comment:8>