[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #3528: HTTP 304 status not sent correctly on PHP 5.2, breaking conditional GET on feeds

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jun 24 12:25:53 UTC 2010

#3528: HTTP 304 status not sent correctly on PHP 5.2, breaking conditional GET on
feeds
 Reporter:  kelson        |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  closed
Changes (by hakre):

  * keywords:  needs-testing =>

Comment:

 The Bug in PHP is fixed since a longer time (looks like it was done that
 way originally to address an issue with the underlying SAPI/CGI/FCGI
 implementations [said: apache]). Not an Issue for PHP 5.3 (cgi-fcgi) and
 PHP 5.2.6 (cgi-fcgi) [at least 5.2.6 might be fixed earlier.].

 So these PHP Versions do not need that fix any longer.

 Some impropper written Server / CGI APIs might need this change still but
 I suggest to move that into the plugin domain if this ain't a bug for a
 min req. php version any longer.

 I think three years of needing testing, is enough, right?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3528#comment:18>