[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9072: Convert Streams HTTP transport to use stream_socket_client for SSL and whatever

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 8 00:02:54 UTC 2010

#9072: Convert Streams HTTP transport to use stream_socket_client for SSL and
whatever
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jacobsantos  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  HTTP         |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:  needs-patch needs-testing
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by jacobsantos):

 Replying to [comment:9 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > stream_socket_client is php5...
 The class itself is for PHP5, so it doesn't really matter. I did some
 research a while back and this is the recommended way to do this since it
 also supports non-blocking requests, which would be good to have.

 I'm not sure what my interest is on this. I'll be doing some more work on
 the HTTP API, but the work may not include this work. That said, the non-
 blocking might be better to implement for what I'm wanting the HTTP API to
 do.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9072#comment:10>