[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14016: Files directory inaccessible in MS upgrade from MU in blogs.dir/1/files.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jul 13 07:17:00 UTC 2010

#14016: Files directory inaccessible in MS upgrade from MU in blogs.dir/1/files.
------------------------------------------------------------------------+---
 Reporter:  memitch08                                                   |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                                                |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by gazouteast):

 * cc: gazouteast (added)
  * keywords:  => Upgrade to 3.0, files path corrupted, bad htaccess
               updater
  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  invalid =>
  * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 wpmuguru — 3 weeks ago

 "I couldn't reproduce this problem. I was able to request the file using
 either  http://domain.com/path/files/2010/06/img.jpg or
 http://domain.com/path/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2010/06/img.jpg."

 Couldn't have tried very hard - did you try -
   http://sub-blog.domain.com/path/files/2010/06/name-of-post
   http://domain.com/sub-blog/path/files/2010/06/name-of-post

 Because those are the paths that both WP site owners, their sub-blog
 admins, and site visitors, are going to use.

 See - http://wordpress.org/support/topic/423138 - I'll be submitting two
 new tickets based on that thread, and one of them is a repeat of this trac
 topic.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14016#comment:6>