[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12102: WordpressMU install barfs errors about DB_NAME, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD, DB_HOST, VHOST

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 31 21:33:50 UTC 2010

#12102: WordpressMU install barfs errors about DB_NAME, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD,
DB_HOST, VHOST
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dxjones          |       Owner:  donncha
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  assigned
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:  install,constant,db_name,error,notice
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Changes (by nacin):

  * owner:  dd32 => donncha
  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 In plain WP, we link them to wp-admin/install.php, and avoid including
 WordPress in the same script after becoming db-aware.

 Don't think this is an issue post-merge though. The installation and
 upgrade procedures have been re-worked.

 > Although these warnings may be harmless, they are very confusing (and
 unnecessarily sloppy) to anyone installing WordPress for the first time.
 MU isn't designed for the faint of heart. There have been a ton of
 improvements to the codebase with the merge, mainly because it wasn't
 subject to the same code review that is getting now from many, many core
 contributors.

 I've made points in other tickets for 2.9.1.2, but I don't think it's
 worth much of a fix here as we'll be reengineering index-install.php for
 not much benefit.

 Assigning to donncha as this is a pre-merge ticket only.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12102#comment:1>