[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12070: Uploading images to wordpress running on IIS 7 Win 2008 results in bad permissions

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jan 30 19:52:15 UTC 2010

#12070: Uploading images to wordpress running on IIS 7 Win 2008 results in bad
permissions
 Reporter:  cgoudie       |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by cgoudie):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 If I had been the one to install php, and manually install WP on this box,
 I'd agree, this bug should be closed.

 The installation of PHP was handled by the one click web platform
 installer, therefore from a user experience perspective, I'd expect it the
 installer to configure the php temporary directory as needed. It does so
 for everything else.

 If I'm installing WordPress for the first time on a windows server, I may
 not even know what PHP is, that it has temporary directory permission
 issues during for file uploads, or that I have to make any sort of changes
 to it on my own. My expectation is simply for the WP features to work, and
 when they don't I think it's a bug with WP.

 I still think the copy solution would be more robust, as it would inherit
 the proper permissions when the file is created, but in the end if the WP
 installer added the appropriate permission to the temporary dir, or moved
 the temporary dir inside the wp directory (so as to obtain the permissions
 that way) I wouldn't have experienced any problems.

 It does sound like at the minimum the component for this bug should be
 changed, but I cannot see a component specifically related to the web
 platform installer.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12070#comment:7>