[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11862: the_editor js bug when switching between Visual / HTML with multiple on page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 17 16:08:50 UTC 2010

#11862: the_editor js bug when switching between Visual / HTML with multiple on
page
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark   |       Owner:
Component:  Editor        |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  needs-patch

Comment(by sc0ttkclark):

 I'm willing to pay for this bug fix, if someone wants to step up and take
 it on. I'm sure my sacrifice along with your sacrifice will help WP core
 code be used in more ways. I'm excited that the Pods plugin will be
 switching to TinyMCE core code for the TinyMCE, but this is the only thing
 holding us (and other plugins) back from using the default core code.

 I assume the_editor was meant to be generalized so that it could be used
 in more than one place, since the actual functionality works (apart from
 this bug) when it's used multiple times on a page.

 Please consider this ticket for the very next bug fix release (if at all
 possible).

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11862#comment:5>