[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11697: Keep private posts in the admin area / Was: Make private posts a canonical plugin

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jan 14 23:07:53 UTC 2010

#11697: Keep private posts in the admin area / Was: Make private posts a canonical
plugin
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  assigned
Component:  General            |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal             |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
Changes (by sillybean):

 * cc: steph@… (added)

Comment:

 I disagree with Matt's assumption that people use private pages this way.
 It's certainly not how my organization does things. We're using them to
 create a small, simple intranet. We've granted subscribers the
 read_private* capabilities. They don't have permission to write anything,
 and we don't want them to have to learn their way around the Dashboard.
 They should be able to use the regular site menu, with the private pages
 visible once they're logged in. (We don't have them go through the
 Dashboard to log in; we're using the Sidebar Login plugin.)

 How would this patch work in the situation where someone has permission to
 read private content, but not edit it?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11697#comment:15>