[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11816: Users should be able to switch from a standard single install to a Multi-Site Install

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jan 7 22:06:46 UTC 2010

#11816: Users should be able to switch from a standard single install to a Multi-
Site Install
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jorbin       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Component:  Multisite    |     Version:
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Changes (by jorbin):

 * cc: jorbin (added)

Comment:

 I think one of the things that needs to be decided is if we want to have
 the script be one that is accessible from the backend or if we want it so
 that you have to visit a page(wp-admin/upgrade-to-ms.php ?), or if just
 defining a constant in wp-config.php will cause the next admin to login to
 be directed to a special page since users will need to set options such as
 subdomains vs. subdirectories etc.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11816#comment:2>