[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12232: Invalid Archive. Theme Install Failed. Caused by ftp_rawlist using -a option

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Feb 15 12:01:07 UTC 2010

#12232: Invalid Archive. Theme Install Failed. Caused by ftp_rawlist using -a
option
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  frankindelicato  |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  assigned
Component:  General          |     Version:  2.9.1
 Severity:  blocker          |    Keywords:  ftp_rawlist
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by dd32):

 My error there.. Seems that "Incompatible Archive" is also the error for
 the source directory having 0 files.. Which is why its rawlist() causing
 the problems..

 Removing -a will fix this, But also means that any "hidden" directories
 will not be listed, which can be a problem when people want to overwrite a
 SVN checkout with the plugin upgrader for example.

 I think it'd also have an effect on the return data, Given that we dont
 always check to see if a folder exists before listing its contents (Saves
 on the number of FTP calls needed), we'd probably have to expand the code
 related to ftp_rawlist returning nothing.

 Not having access to a Mac doesnt help me debug/work around this issue..
 Macs are pretty common amongst some IT crowds, so i'm surprised this hasnt
 occured before if its a widespread issue.

 I'm reducing the Severity of this, since its not a regression from a
 previous version, and it seemingly only affects a smaller group of hosts.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12232#comment:6>