[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15820: Under a specific condition, session variables declared in templates exhibit unexpected behavior

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Dec 15 01:07:45 UTC 2010

#15820: Under a specific condition, session variables declared in templates exhibit
unexpected behavior
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  dougwaltman   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dougwaltman):

 After testing this on multiple WordPress websites with mixed results, I
 discovered that the issue only occurred on sites using mod rewrite in
 their .htaccess files.

 This led to the realization that the "<link rel.." line of code was
 referencing a file/directory that did not exist.  This was causing
 WordPress to call the 404 template, which in turn was firing off the code
 in 'header.php' a second time.

 Changing the html to invalidate the tag/properties was causing the browser
 not to request the file causing the 404, hence seemingly "fixing" the
 problem.

 Developers can avoid this issue by using the "is_404()" conditional.

 Please accept my apologies for jumping the gun on a bug report. A little
 more diligence was required on my part.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15820#comment:3>