[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14485: Didn't show up children category when created parent and children categories at the same time.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 12 11:35:15 UTC 2010

#14485: Didn't show up children category when created parent and children
categories at the same time.
 Reporter:  thealien      |       Owner:
Component:  Cache         |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing

Comment(by scribu):

 > One thing to note though. With both my patch and the original code, if
 you clean_term_cache( $term, $taxonomy, true ), all get_terms cache of all
 taxonomies will be outdated anyways (instead of only $taxonomy's get_terms
 cache). So there's still that flaw of over-invalidating. However,
 get_terms can accept a list of taxonomies, and allocating get_terms cache
 for each taxonomy is just too cumbersome if not impossible.

 Yes, I saw that too. However, for hierarchical taxonomies, it does only
 work with the first taxonomy.

 Maybe you could key it like this: {{{get_terms:$taxonomy[0]:$key}}} and
 {{{get_terms:mixed:$key}}} for the rare case when more than one taxonomy
 is passed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14485#comment:31>