[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15665: Page name won't work if the parent page has an attachment with the same name

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 3 19:13:54 UTC 2010

#15665: Page name won't work if the parent page has an attachment with the same
name
 Reporter:  designsimply  |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  3.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  needs-patch
Changes (by scribu):

  * keywords:  has-patch, needs-testing => needs-patch
  * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 > Making the attachment post type hierarchical fixes it this my tests. Is
 there any reason attachment post types should not be hierarchical?

 Yes, attachments are not hierarchical because it doesn't make sense to
 link an attachment to another attachment.

 We should find a better way to fix this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15665#comment:2>