[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14719: New plugin page on wordpress.org is missing the links to developer and plugin website.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Aug 29 19:38:21 UTC 2010

#14719: New plugin page on wordpress.org is missing the links to developer and
plugin website.
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  vteixeira      |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by scribu):

  * keywords:  => close

Comment:

 Matt explained why the links are gone:

 > Plugin links are a little redundant now that each plugin has a page on
 the directory. If someone has a page on their own site as well easy (and
 more effective) to link from the main content area.

 > Author links only work for single-author plugins, for multiple author
 plugins (which we want to encourage) it’s broken so better to build it off
 the commit list, so each author gets credit.

 http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/new-for-extendplugins-if-a-user-
 clicks/comment-page-1/#comment-9984

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14719#comment:13>