[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14667: Avoid name conflicts for 'make_clickable' when integrating WP with other apps (was: Make function 'make_clickable' pluggable)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Aug 22 13:03:06 UTC 2010

#14667: Avoid name conflicts for 'make_clickable' when integrating WP with other
apps
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  RegisJesuit      |        Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by Denis-de-Bernardy):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  wontfix =>
  * milestone:  => Awaiting Review

Comment:

 Reopening, because I think you misunderstood the request.

 As I understand the question, he's merely pointing out that this function
 exists in multitudes of applications. And that its name ought to be
 prefixed, e.g. wp_make_clickable(), or the whole function ought to be be
 wrapped around a function_exists() condition, to avoid conflicts from
 occurring.

 Imo, it's reasonable to assume that any such function's signature would be
 the same as that of WP.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14667#comment:2>