[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14455: Saved WP Login with Google Chrome does not show the user name when the login page is visited at a later time

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 11 14:29:46 UTC 2010

#14455: Saved WP Login with Google Chrome does not show the user name when the
login page is visited at a later time
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  wprunner       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Component:  Accessibility  |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  trivial        |    Keywords:  has-patch, Chrome, Login, Log In, dashboard, username, password
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Changes (by tmoorewp):

 * cc: tim@… (added)
  * keywords:  Chrome, Login, Log In, dashboard, username, password => has-
               patch, Chrome, Login, Log In, dashboard,
               username, password

Comment:

 This is a fault in the wp-login.php javascript function wp_attempt_focus.
 I've replicated the issue in FireFox and Safari.

 Attached is a patch to wp-login.php that checks whether the username is
 filled in. If it is, then focus is given to the Log In button so that we
 can just push enter to login. If no username is given, then the username
 field is in focus.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14455#comment:1>