[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14563: Fail to apply changes to widgets and menu. Fail to apply changes with quick edit on posts, pages, categories.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Aug 8 19:29:48 UTC 2010

#14563: Fail to apply changes to widgets and menu. Fail to apply changes with quick
edit on posts, pages, categories.
 Reporter:  LordGordon      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  3.0.1
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  admin,edit,widget,menu
 I installed a NEW WordPress 3.0.1 (no upgrade) on my hosted domain. I have
 some problems with menu, widget and quick edit post\page\category\link.

 Every time I try to modify widgets (or add things on menu) nothing is
 saved: I click to save and the waiting icon appears, but never disappear
 (still remain up). Of course, nothing change on the website.
 Same failure when I try to use quick edit on posts (also with quick edit
 for pages, categoires, links): changes are done only if I open the post
 editing page, but never change with quick edit.

 On the same server I ran wordpress 2.9.1 with no errors.

 Freqency: always

 Steps to reproduce:[[BR]]
 1. log in admin panel[[BR]]
 2. go to appearance->widgets[[BR]]
 3. try to add, modify or remove widgets[[BR]]
 4. click to save[[BR]]

 OR

 1. log in admin panel[[BR]]
 2. go to posts[[BR]]
 3. select quick edit[[BR]]
 4. change the title, or whatever else[[BR]]
 5. click to update

 PHP: 5.2.14 [[BR]]
 MySQL: 5.1.48 [[BR]]
 hosted on Hostgator.com (shared hosting plan)

 Theme: Twenty Teen[[BR]]
 (same problem with others themes such as atahualpa, minicard)

 Plugins: none (fresh new install)[[BR]]
 (same with actived plugins such as: DBmanager, Login LockDown, Cron-GUI,
 ...)

 Same problem with a newtork install (subdomain based)

 Same problem both in 3.0 and 3.0.1 (currently running) with english or
 italian language installed.

 Now I'm running the 3.0.1 network subdomain based with italian language
 enabled.