[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14526: If object cache is enabled then plugin list does not get updated after a plugin is deleted

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 3 21:54:54 UTC 2010

#14526: If object cache is enabled then plugin list does not get updated after a
plugin is deleted
 Reporter:  ruslany       |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  3.0.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  object cache
 I am using the object-cache.php file for WinCache(from here:
 http://ruslany.net/2010/03/make-wordpress-faster-on-iis-with-
 wincache-1-1/), but I beleive the same problem also repro's with object-
 cache.php for APC (from here: http://txfx.net/files/wordpress/apc-object-
 cache.phps).

 If I enable the object cache and then try to delete any plugin, the plugin
 files get deleted from the file system, but the plugin list on the plugin
 page is never updated and it keeps showing the deleted plugin as if it is
 still installed.

 This happens because the list of plugins gets added to the object cache
 but is never updated afterwards.

 I am attaching a patch with a possible way to fix this, but I would be
 interested in the comments from WordPress cache developers who may have a
 better way of solving this.