[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13133: Users with "Contributor" role can't save initial draft with JavaScript disabled

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Apr 27 00:59:27 UTC 2010

#13133: Users with "Contributor" role can't save initial draft with JavaScript
disabled
 Reporter:  foofy         |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 Users with the "Contributor" role can't save a new post as draft with
 JavaScript disabled. They can Submit for Review or edit existing drafts,
 but they can't post that initial one.

 This doesn't seem to be a problem with any of the other roles.

 I'm not sure if WordPress requires JavaScript support now, but if it does,
 shouldn't it check for it? I don't submit tickets so please delete (with
 my apologies) if I missed something or this is a known issue.

 '''Steps to recreate'''

  * Disable JavaScript in your browser
  * Log in as a user with the Contributor role (doesn't seem to affect
 other roles)
  * Go to Posts > Add New to create a new post
  * Hit "Save Draft"

 '''What happens'''

 Post edit screen reloads with the title missing. Draft post is not created
 and the preview link does not work.

 '''What should happen'''

 A new draft post should have been created.